Durable hearing protectors can withstand years of regular usage, but there are a few key care instructions.
- Wipe the entire Headset or Smartplug with a soft cloth soaked in warm water with mild liquid detergent. A soft-bristled brush can be used to loosen the dirt or remove skin oil.
- Headsets or smartPlugs™ should never be submerged in water. Cleaning substances like bleach, solvents, or cleaning sprays should never be used.
To protect human health, disinfectant headsets and smartPlugs™ eliminate pathogens and microorganisms that may be on a surface.
- Hearing Protection Devices can be disinfected by wiping them with Disinfecting Wipes.
- Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol concentration can also be used to wipe down the headsets and smartPlugs™. Isopropyl alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied to a cloth, which is then used to wipe down the device.
- As ear cushions and foam ear tips can degrade over time, replace every 3-6 months under normal wear, or every 2-3 months with heavy use or in humid/extreme climates. Cushions should be inspected regularly for signs of damage or wear. Ear cushions are recommended to be replaced every 3-6 months to maintain the appropriate hearing protection certifications.
- When devices are used by more than one person, it is highly recommended to change the ear cushions, ear tips, and boom mic covers, before each change of user.
Proper Cleaning & Disinfecting is Important
Safety headsets are a critical component of hearing safety programs in high noise environments. Proper cleaning, disinfecting, and replacing worn parts is an extremely important part of maintaining your product and protecting your health.
Follow Sensear and always be in the know.Follow @HearSensear