Durable hearing protectors can withstand years of regular usage, but there are a few key care instructions.
- Wipe the entire Headset or Smartplug with a soft cloth soaked in warm water with mild liquid detergent. A soft-bristled brush can be used to loosen the dirt or remove skin oil.
- Headsets or smartPlugs™ should never be submerged in water. Cleaning substances like bleach, solvents, or cleaning sprays should never be used.
- Use a soft damp cloth with water and mild soap on the outside pieces of the headset, including the headband and plastic components. DO NOT get water into the ear cups.
- Examine the inside of the ear cups for debris. DO NOT push any debris into the ear cups. Gently remove any debris before wiping them down.
- As ear cushions and foam ear tips can degrade over time, replace them every 3-6 months under normal wear, or every 2-3 months with heavy use or in humid/extreme climates. Cushions should be inspected regularly for signs of damage or wear. Ear cushions are recommended to be replaced every 3-6 months to maintain the appropriate hearing protection certifications.
- When devices are used by more than one person, it is highly recommended to change the ear cushions, ear tips, and boom mic covers, before each change of user.
Proper Cleaning & Disinfecting is Important
Safety headsets are a critical component of hearing safety programs in high-noise environments. Proper cleaning, disinfecting, and replacing worn parts is an extremely important part of maintaining your product and protecting your health.
Follow Sensear and always be in the know.Follow @HearSensear